Sunday, July 29, 2012

Rumors and Gossips!!

I know its been quite some time, actually a really long time I haven't posted or wrote anything. Yes I've been too busy and I don't deny it and yes I know many people wouldn't even care to read what I write. But I feel to write something you need to be hit by something, either an experience or a calling. And even though I've had many of those, nothing had actually hit me so far, like really touched me as of today.

I was dining with a couple of frens in a restaurant at thamel(no names please) but basically the service was lousy, the food...ehh! not so good. There were a bunch of guys sitting right next to the table we were in and I dont know, their faces looked familiar but I wasn't paying attention coz we were having a lot of interesting conversations going on. Until one guy was really loud in explaining to his friends about a girl that he heard of who had a scar on her nose. Now that really got my attention(given that I have one too) He was and I'm pretty sure explaining to his frens that the girl got bit by a dog on her nose> it might've not been me but who knows they might have been talking about me( how many girls get bit by a dog on their nose rite??) I hardly paid attention and the guy went on about the girl.
Now the question is: on what basis are we grounding our society? the guys seemed pretty educated and well informed. But is this what normally happens? You base your judgement of someone on what you hear? If so...what kind of humans are we really? I'm sure everyone has had that experience about knowing someone and hearing rumours about them(some pleasant, others not so) but are we allowing the rumours to guide how we behave. I know this might not make any sense at all to any of you, I'm just pouring down what I feel. But if it really does, I'm glad coz that would mean that I've made a connection with you. I feel people deserve to be really known for who they are and what they do and not on how they used to be coz honestly people how many times in your life have you messed up? Everyone has in one way or the other. There is no perfection, there's faults and mistakes which I think does not define who you are but who you will be.

I may not be the prettiest, the hottest, the saint and the perfect person. But I'll tell you what I am and I tell that with the pride of being me. Yes I am the girl who got bitten by a dog on the nose and have a scar for it, the crazy girl who just trusts her guts and intuition and goes for things she likes and gets what she wants(well most of the time), have had issues with myself and other ppl in the past and many more...But I'm definitely not the one that you think wud care about what u say or think of me...and this goes out to all the haters...the ppl that may have heard about me..or stories about me...and who base their judgement of what I am on what they hear rather than actually knowing me.

This is something I would appeal to everyone to think about coz how many times have u had to go through this situation? ask yourself about what kind of person you would be if you are judgemental and hold prejudices/assumptions/reservations? if you would, I'd like you to think whether or not you would get the same kind of treatment.

I know I said that I wouldn't write anything until and unless something hits me...and yes this did hit me..but not in a depressing kind of way. It hit me more in a analytical way which made me realise that we humans live in a society, where there is so much discrimination and stigmatization going on and there are many NGOS and INGOS (work in the same sector) and I honestly feel that these discriminations are basically based on prejudices and hence the many programs that the civil society brings about, I wouldn't use the term fails, but is not effective enough in changing the mindset of people  and we're the ones to blame.

I say let go of your judgements, prejudices, assumptions all of that and get to know a person really good . And if you don't know the person then why spend talking about them? It only shows there's nothing interesting going on in your life to be talking about someone elses or simply you don't have anything better to do.

That being said, as I got up I turned to the guys, gave them a big smile and walked out. Coz honestly Haters Keep Hating, and I don't let that bring me down, or tarnish the essence of who I am and I think thats what people should do...

P.S: Open to criticism. You may like it/not like it/think its bullshit but I hope you do understand what point I am trying to make...coz what you write is very personal and I trust whoever reads this would understand the meaning of sharing something very personal. Have a great night people...I hope I've got your brains ticking :) :)

3 comments:

  1. Like your expression, however you can not change the gossiping behavior of people. It is human nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well articulated ... the most liked and touching para for me :

    I may not be the prettiest, the hottest, the saint and the perfect person... Yes I am the girl who got bitten by a dog on the nose and have a scar for it, the crazy girl who just trusts her guts and intuition and goes for things she likes and gets what she wants(well most of the time), have had issues with myself and other ppl in the past and many more...But I'm definitely not the one that you think wud care about what u say or think of me...who base their judgement of what I am on what they hear rather than actually knowing me.

    And yes, this shall too pass. all we need is to "let go" ...to move on in LIFE ...

    ReplyDelete